Sunday, February 14, 2010

ST:TMP Bridge Punch-Out Book

December 1979 saw the arrival of the awkwardly-titled Star Trek: The Motion Picture The U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge Punch-Out Book.

I purchased this on 6 November 1982. Here's part of my diary entry for that day: "Today I bought The Star Trek: The Motion Picture U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge Punch-Out Book for $2.99. I spent 5 hours building a beautiful 15" replica of the first movie's command center. It included Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Decker and Ilia characters. The bridge has excellent detail including two turbo lifts with sliding doors."

I recall having a lot of fun putting this together. The assembled bridge stayed with me for several years but at some point it must have been thrown out, most likely during a pre-move cleaning blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment