Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pocket TOS Fiction 1986

1986 saw the publication of six more original Star Trek novels, one of which was the first of several "event" books. Although I did purchase all of these books shortly after they were released, my fervor for Trek fiction was beginning to ebb around this time, no doubt partially due to the fact that I started university in September of this year.

First up was Mindshadow (#27) by J.M. Dillard. It was published in January 1986. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 16 January 1986.


Next, Crisis on Centaurus (#28) by Brad Ferguson. It was published in March 1986. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 15 March 1986.


May 1986 saw the release of Dreadnought! (#29) by Diane Carey. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 5 May 1986.


J.M. Dillard's second Trek novel of the year was Demons (#30), published in July 1986. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 26 July 1986.


In 1986 Pocket Books released their first "event" Star Trek novel. These novels tended to be by popular authors, longer than average, and of higher price. They were also released outside of the numbering sequence used for most books in the series. The first event novel was Vonda N. McIntyre's Enterprise: The First Adventure which was published in September 1986. My copy is from the first edition and was purchased in October 1986.


The final Trek book for 1986 was the second of the year from Diane Carey -- Battlestations! (#31). Carey was really into exclamation points in those days! This was a sequel to her earlier novel Dreadnought! and was published in November 1986. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 24 January 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment