Saturday, February 6, 2010

Star Wars Trading Cards (1977, O-Pee-Chee Series 1)

I enjoyed Star Wars when I was a kid and have a few items that I picked up in my younger days. Chief among them is a nearly-complete set of O-Pee-Chee Series 1 Star Wars trading cards. This set is the Canadian counterpart to the Topps Series 1 set which came out in the U.S.A. Both sets were released in 1977.

Professor Google informs me that O-Pee-Chee did not actually manufacture the stickers which were included in Series 1; instead, they simply re-used the Topps stickers as-is. Eleven stickers were included with O-Pee-Chee Series 1, which means I'm missing one.


Series 1 includes 66 cards, 59 of which I managed to collect. These were all bought from individual packages, which means I have quite a few doubles and triples of certain cards as well.


Eleven card backs featured a summary of the storyline.


Several other cards backs featured "movie facts".


The remaining card backs formed two separate puzzles: one a still from within the Millenium Falcon, the other I assume to be an early movie poster concept from Ralph McQuarrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment