Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pocket TOS Fiction 1984

In 1984, Pocket Books kept up the half-dozen-books-per-year pace they had established the previous year. Once again I religiously purchased each book as soon as it showed up at my local bookstore.

The Trellisane Confrontation by David Dvorkin was published in February 1984. The Star Trek line no longer bore the Timescape label, starting with this book. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 9 February 1984.


Corona, by renowned science fiction author Greg Bear, was published in April 1984. My copy is from the first edition and was purchased on 12 April 1984.


Next up was John M. Ford's The Final Reflection (#16), published in May 1984. This marks the first book to be explicitly numbered -- #16. My copy is from the first printing and I purchased it on 9 May 1984.


July 1984 saw the release of Diane Duane's 2nd Star Trek novel entitled My Enemy, My Ally (#18). My copy is from the first printing and it was purchased on 9 July 1984. Note that #17 in this series was the novelization of the third Trek movie.


The Tears of the Singers (#19) followed next, written by Melinda Snodgrass and published in September 1984. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 12 September 1984.


The final 1984 entry comes from Jean Lorrah -- The Vulcan Academy Murders (#20). It was published in November 1984. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 16 November 1984. Fun fact: I met Jean Lorrah at the Maplecon 6 convention during the summer of 1984 where she read the first two chapters from her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment