Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pocket TOS Fiction 1987

The year 1987 marked a new high-water mark for Pocket Books, with seven (original crew) Trek novels published including one event book. This year also marked the launch of Pocket's Next Generation books, starting with the novelization of TNG's premiere episode.


Chain of Attack (#32) by Gene DeWeese was published in February 1987. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 21 February 1987.


Deep Domain (#33), written by Howard Weinstein, was published in April 1987. My copy is from the 2nd printing and was purchased in April 1987. (I'm not quite sure why this one went into a second printing so quickly, maybe the popularity of the fourth movie gave it a boost.)


Carmen Carter's Dreams of the Raven (#34) arrived in June 1987. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased in July 1987.


The second event novel was Margaret Wander Bonanno's Strangers from the Sky. It was published in July 1987. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased in July 1987.


The Romulan Way (#35) by Diane Duane and Peter Morwood followed in August 1987. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 21 August 1987.


October 1987 featured How Much For Just the Planet? (#36) by John M. Ford. My copy is from the first printing and was purchased on 22 October 1987.


The busy year of 1987 was rounded out by J.M. Dillard's Bloodthirst (#37), published in December 1987. My copy is from the first printing. My meticulous record-keeping from this period starts to get a little spotty around this time, so I'm not sure when I purchased this but it was probably soon after its publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment