Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ST:TFF Theatrical Release

At the time of The Final Frontier's theatrical release I had a job as a co-op student in Ottawa. One of my co-workers who shall remain nameless (but here's a clue -- Tom Shurtliff) decided to play a little practical joke on me. He knew that I had entered a newspaper contest to win tickets to the premiere. While we were at work, Tom called me from another room and informed me (in a disguised voice) that I had won the contest. My initial excitement quickly turned to disappointment when he revealed the ruse.

Fortunately, a few days later I received another call, this time legit, letting me know that I had won two tickets to the premiere.


I took my girlfriend to the show (she was a bit of a Trek fan as well, in particular Data on TNG) and I remember trying my best to be positive about the film while she gave it a thumbs down. Despite winning its first weekend at the box office, the fifth Trek film proved a bit of a disappointment both financially and artistically.

No comments:

Post a Comment