Monday, January 25, 2010

Mego TOS Figures

I suppose no 1970s Star Trek collection would be complete without a healthy dose of Mego action figures. Below are the eight figures that I have. I also had a second Scotty figure, but as I recall he was destroyed in the early 80s during an epic battle with the Amazon women of Beta 12 (a.k.a. my sister's Barbies). The Mego Museum site has an excellent description of this line.

Love the Kirk smirk on this figure. I was, and still am, Team Kirk.

Spock still looking good 30 years on.

Pretty good McCoy likeness. Note the Sick Bay chemical spill on his uniform.

Nice to see Uhura in the line. Sulu and Chekov didn't make the cut though.

A stalwart Scotty. Pant rip is from a bar fight the night before.

Billed only as "Klingon", but clearly modeled on William Campbell's Koloth.

A (cough) Gorn. Actually a re-use of Mego's "The Lizard" sculpt (from their "World's Greatest Superheroes" line) with a Klingon uniform.

Perhaps my favourite, the Andorian. Beautiful head sculpt, and who can resist leather with a sparkly silver jumpsuit?

Belts, phasers, communicators, and tricorders. Thirty years has taken its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment