Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alan Dean Foster's TAS Adaptations

Also popular in the 1970s were the set of adaptations of Star Trek animated series episodes written by Alan Dean Foster and published by Ballantine Books. I didn't follow the animated series as closely as I did the original, and I suspect that all of these adaptations were purchased second-hand during the mid-to-late 1980s. Truth be told, I don't think I've even read any of these books yet. (The even sadder truth is that I don't think I've seen all the TAS episodes either, though I did buy the DVD set a little while ago and am slowly working through it.)

Star Trek Log 1 - First published June 1974 . My copy is from the 16th printing, and was purchased during the Fall of 1988.

Star Trek Log 2 - First published August 1974 . My copy is from the 9th printing, and was purchased on 12 July 1986.

Star Trek Log 3 - First published December 1974 . My copy is from the 3rd printing, and was purchased on 12 July 1986.

Star Trek Log 4 - First published February 1975 . My copy is from the 3rd printing, and was purchased on 22 November 1986.

Star Trek Log 5 - First published July 1975 . My copy is from the first printing, and was purchased on 10 January 1987.

Star Trek Log 6 - First published February 1976 . My copy is from the 4th printing, and was purchased on 4 February 1989.

Star Trek Log 7 - First published June 1976 . My copy is from the first printing, and was purchased on 10 January 1987.

Star Trek Log 8 - First published July 1976 . My copy is from the first printing, and was purchased during January 1987.


It seems that I'm missing the last two books in the series -- numbers 9 and 10. Guess it's time to start scouring the used bookstores again!

No comments:

Post a Comment